When we believe things that aren’t true, our bodies respond. Today I’m sharing THREE lies postpartum depression will try to tell you (from personal experience and working with moms 1-on-1 and in my membership). Listen today to hear those three lies and what to do about it. Awareness will give you the momentum you need to heal.
- You are not enough. You’re not patient enough, “this” enough, “that” enough. This is the most self-rejecting lie you could believe. I believe this lie goes against the universal truth that there’s nothing you could ever do to take away your value as a human.
The truth is: You ARE enough and you always have been. Period. And there’s nothing you can do about it.
- You’re too broken. You’re too far gone, you’ve tried for too long, you’ve taken too many medications, etc. so you’re never going to heal.
The truth is: You always can come back and be where you want to be. Healing is ALWAYS possible.
- (This) won’t work for me. A coaching program, a therapist, medication, whatever healing modality you’re considering. Your brain knows it’ll take work, so it gives you this lie to stay in what’s familiar.
The truth is: your brain just wants to stay in what’s familiar. You have the ability to HEAL.
What to do about it:
- Recognize that believing these lies is what has created depression and anxiety. Understand the problem, and the solution naturally comes to you.
- Set up boundaries in your brain (boundaries with your self talk).